Friday, April 6, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award

I was given the One Lovely Blog Award from the lovely Kelly Hashway. Thank you, Kelly!


I have to give 7 random facts about myself. So, don't laugh. Well, you can laugh, just don't pee yourself. They are all in the past, way back in my early childhood. I even called my sister to verify some of the details being that these events happened so long ago I'm shocked I even remembered them.

  1. When I was three, our home had a crack in the wall at the top of the stairs which always haunted me because from the bottom of the stairs, the crack looked like a finger pointing at me to come hither.
  2. Also, when I was three, I tasted dog food out of our dog's food bowl because I thought it smelled like Chef Boyardee Ravioli, which was my favorite.
  3. When I was five, my mom bought me a large bag of cheetos curls. Out of pure generosity, I shared with the kids that let me play tag with them. They swarmed around me like bees, grabbing handfuls of the cheesy snack. When all was done, I didn't get one single cheese puff. I went home crying.
  4. I almost died when I was five. My sister and I, along with one other friend, drifted across a dam in a Japanese Nishiki fishing boat until we were rescued. I elaborate in Five Things About Me.
  5. I was really young when I ate an ant. I was pretending to be an anteater. It must not have been fully dead because that evening while watching television and picking my nose, I pulled the ant out in a bed of mucus.
  6. My sister once asked me to eat something that resembled a Hersey's Kiss because I had a reputation for eating things that people asked me to try. It's a good thing I smelled it first! You guessed right. It was a small turd.
  7. Another young one, because it's easier to admit to my idiosyncratic ways when I'm able to blame it on my age. I had a pet toad that weighed around 2 or 3 pounds. I tied a string around its body (two front legs) to use as a leash. I took it for a walk every day, until it died.

Your turn. Either share one random fact about yourself or recommend one blog that should get this award so we can all check it out. Here are my picks for this award.

Mysti Parker 
Debra Ann Elliot
Margo Kelly 
Nicole Pyles
Crack You Whip 
Super Earthling 
I Smell Sheep 


Your turn. Either share one random fact about yourself or recommend one blog that should get this award so we can all check it out. Thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to follow your favorite blogs!