Friday, October 5, 2012

The Work In Progress Blog Hop



Yes, I joined another blog hop! We have to answer questions about our Works In Progress. Join if you like and send me a link. I'll provide it at the bottom of my post.

Okay, here we go!


What is the working title of your book?
Precinct 9


Where did the idea come from for the book?
I wanted to write an evil character, but I wanted the evil traits to unfold throughout the story and not through concrete character development of the villain. The more I develop the storyline, I find myself plugging away at this concept.


What genre does your book fall under?
Suspense/Thriller


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Viggo Mortenson as Captain Grant Elliot and Reese Witherspoon as the protagonist, Kelly Cooper. As for the villain, I think a good pick would be Hugo Weaving, the dude who played Agent Smith in The Matrix Trilogy.


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
Sergeant Kelly Cooper is transferred to Precinct 9, where her new boss, Captain Grant Elliot, assigns her three cold cases which will either make her career or send her packing.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I'm pretty sure it will be self-published. I'm not one to wait around for a gold nugget.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I'm still writing it! I have fifteen chapters written on three separate works. How does that happen???


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The Alienist (Yeah, I wish)


Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My husband. He said he would help me with the investigations part. After all, he is a veteran investigator who spent three years as an NCIS agent. Woot!


What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Ever wondered how people wind up missing just for "friending" someone on some social networking site?

***

Now it's your turn! Sign up.